- Read The Book of Form and Emptiness, especially if you have concerns about the materials and possessions around you and/or you've experienced loss in recent years.
- If you happen to be in southeast Michigan, visit Westborn Market and pick yourself up some "Real Deal Tater Chips", especially the BBQ flavor. I've talked about how good BBQ Joe Chips are, and I still think they're great. But these chips from Westborn are the "Real Deal". I think their packaging is a little goofy ("Chippy, Chippy, Boom! Boom!") and it doesn't sell how tasty the insides are. The cracked black pepper on top of other BBQ spices makes them a serious contender for "Best BBQ Potato Chips".
- Play the party card game Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza. It's a seriously silly good time. Be sure to remove hand jewelry and make sure your nails aren't too sharp! Otherwise, you'll quickly learn why I provide this cautionary advice.
- Check out the music artist on4word. They're currently on Bandcamp and YouTube. They use selections of Nintendo 64 game sound fonts to recompose critically acclaimed "alternative" and "electronic" music, such as Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, and Radiohead. As I'm writing this, I realize these sounds may only appeal to older millennials who enjoy both Nintendo 64 and music they were too young to experience in real time, so YMMV.
- Read more about Discordianism and, more broadly, apophenia. I learned a lot about myself by giving a name to my mind's tendency to connect unrelated things. Put another way, and related to point #4, "Just 'cause you feel it/ Doesn't mean it's there".
Thursday, March 09, 2023
Shameless Recommendations 2023-03-09